Scriven and Co had an ageing Nortel phone system for their 25 staff members, with 10 lines over ISDN that was due for replacement. They approached a number of local suppliers to consult with and ultimately replace their existing phone system at their offices in Quinton.
As well as recommending an LG iPECS phone system Mint Telecom were the only supplier that offered and all in one solution that would also address some IT issues for Scriven and Co. A three phase plan was put into motion that involved:
- Replacing the existing Nortel phone system with the new LG System utilising the same ISDN lines and an LG ISDN module loaned to Scriven by Mint Telecom.
- A leased line internet connection was then provisioned that immediately allowed Scriven’s online backups to complete in a timely fashion and improve upload speeds to their cloud based web platform
- Finally, a VoIP module was installed and all calls migrated to VoIP also utilising the new leased line for voice calls
The main system was installed and configured inside of a single day with minimal downtime utilising their existing data cabling that was in place for their old phones. Ongoing costs for line rental and calls have been reduced and other features include:
- Click to Dial software allows staff to easily contact landlords and tenants by simply clicking their telephone number from their customer database
- Call recording and monitoring allows Scriven and Co to monitor customer contacts to improve customer service as notifying them of unanswered calls on a daily basis
- Mint Telecom also provided custom auto-attendant, on-hold marketing and voicemail messages via their partners at Cube Productions to provide a professional feel to customers
“The provision of a new telephone system and the choice of the right supplier takes a considerable amount of time. Having previously appointed one of the well-known names and been very disappointed with the equipment not living up to the promises made by the supplier, a terrible installation experience and poor level of staff training, we decided to source a different supplier.
Mint Telecom were excellent in every respect. Advice on the telephone equipment, a trouble free installation, staff training, integration with our computer system and in particular Outlook was first class. A company that was relatively new was trusted with our order, they in return gave incredible attention to detail and a seamless transfer from old to new. The service to date has been exceptional and nothing has been too much trouble. I would recommend this company”.
– Martin Scriven, Director, Scriven & Co.